Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Remembering Foxes

  1. #1
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Most video stores I go to don't have this movie on either VHS or DVD so I went on Amazon and recieved it yesterday. I consider it a cult classic ahead of it's time and well acted by Cherie, Jody Foster and everyone else in it. I saw bits of it years ago and was about 12 years old when it was filmed. Doesn't seem long ago but it definitely makes you reflect back on your life and remember the simple things you took for granted. Who at the time was even thinking of internet communication let alone have a worry or a concept about a computer virus. Makes me miss my record player.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member RockinSheri's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I too have Foxes - love it! You know you can buy a turntable for those "oldies, but goodies", you know. I want to get one some day!

    Sheri

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy Birthday Mr. Frosty! I hope it's a great one for you!
    Yes indeed, I love FOXES! I picked up the DVD a while back and have had the VHS tape for a long time.
    The movie introduced me to Cherie Currie so it holds a very special place in my heart, 4 sure!
    Enjoy that B-Day now dude!
    [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img]
    Gus


    <center>PS There was another post here which I removed. It had nothing to do with this thread and appeared because of a glitch in the system.
    When you are replying to a topic as it is being removed by a moderator, your post will pop up somewhere else, even days later as in this case.</center>

  4. #4
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar

    Cool

    Yes , that movie was a classic .....saw it in the theatre right after it came out , all because of you know who [img]wink.gif[/img] ,then bought a copy from E-bay - everyone's favorite shoppin place!

    Happy Birthday Mr. Frosty from the ICE-baby! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    SCHEMESofNEON
    Guest SCHEMESofNEON's Avatar
    P.S. GUS i saw that so called "Glitch" [img]wink.gif[/img]
    tee hee.....

  6. #6
    Inactive Member MrFrosty's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 2004
    Posts
    56
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Thanks for the B-day wishes, all. It's been great so far. 38 years old, which makes me around the same age as my parents were when I'd get the bigger lectures in life. You know, the things you all loved to listen to back when 'Foxes' was in the theaters. Heh, heh, heh!!

  7. #7
    Inactive Member erict226's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 20th, 2005
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Catching up to this thread a little late, but I only just saw the movie last weekend. I never saw it the first time around. In those days we were all clubs and almost no movies (now just the opposite)and I was pretty much living the male version. Maybe a little too close to home. I had heard Cherie was great as Annie and I was not disapointed. What a smile. It's also a pretty cool time capsule of what Hollywood and the valley looked like in 1979. Very cool. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    ET

  8. #8
    moderator CHERIECURRIE's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5th, 2000
    Posts
    649
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Happy belated Birthday Mr. Frosty!
    [img]graemlins/present.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/kiss.gif[/img]
    Cherie

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by El Toro:
    Catching up to this thread a little late, but I only just saw the movie last weekend. I never saw it the first time around......I had heard Cherie was great as Annie and I was not disapointed. What a smile.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey ET, I'm glad you got to see FOXES and I totally agree that Cherie was GRRREAT in it!
    I LOVE that smile too!
    [img]graemlins/film.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    Inactive Member furicchia blu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2004
    Posts
    247
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Foxes is a great movie [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] Lately I found the original soundtrack in the old double LP edition, I got it because of the one Cher song on it "Bad Love", and the beautiful pictures from the movie...too bad there wasn't a Cherie's song on it, too!

    Cristina

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic